Skip to main content

A Letter to My Unborn Child - I will meet you someday❣

A Letter to My Unborn Child - I will meet you someday❣

Dear baby Joel Josiah/ Zemira-ann,

It is imperative that you know that you were purposed to be here even before your daddy meets your mommy and makes her his wife. I want you to know that, even though the doctors have foreseen challenges ahead and the possibilities of not carrying you, I love you immensely and I can’t wait to meet you. I have been praying for your future generation. I write this letter with much joy and anticipation in my heart. You will be the reason many will have renewed hope in our Saviour. Your birth and life will be a living testimony of the goodness and glory of God. Your heartbeat will represent the very sacrifice God made when he sent his son to die for our sins, that his life, much like yours, will be a testimony of God’s love to mankind, his grace and sovereignty. You will grow up in the likeness and wisdom of God like Samuel. Like David, I pray you will grow to seek and hunger after God’s righteousness, to please the Lord in all areas of your life. The world will try to teach you otherwise and try to convince you that God isn’t real. However, I pray that with each breath you’ll take, you will be reminded that you were like water turned to wine, a miracle that only Jesus Christ himself could have done. I pray that each time your heart beats; it will pump the blood of truth, righteousness and a constant reminder that you don’t belong to yourself. Your mommy will continue to live and serve Jesus because her life and yours depends on it. I will use this one life to bring glory to our living hope, in His strength and might. It might take years before you are here but remember you are not a mistake but a life filled with great purpose. Like Sarah, your mommy will remain faithful to the God of Abraham. Like Zacharias who prayed, the Lord will answer your father's prayer for you and remind us that we will have joy and gladness and many will rejoice at your birth.  Like Hannah and Rachel, I will remain prayerful and hope that one day my story will read, “…and God remembered Shantana…”


With unconditional Love and an expectant heart ❤ 

Mommy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis

Endometriosis Update The Fight Continues... Hello there! All of 3 years have passed since I first shared about my experience with this disease. It was just a few weeks ago I realized that I found out I had this disease during Endometriosis Awareness Month, ironic, don't you think?  Now here we are exactly 3 years later! Wow! This is an awesome reminder that brighter days are always ahead, our temporary uncomfortable and seemingly overwhelming situations are NOT permanent!  Thank you Jesus! March 22, 2018 proved how limited and one sided our prayers and attitude to life can be. I prayed several prayers about what my limited mind knew and felt about my then condition. That day I had surgery to removed what I presumed was my biggest hindrance - Fibroids. I never once thought for a moment that I could have had another condition. Looking back now, it was a huge eye opener and a disappointing time in my life. I trusted my doctors and their initial diagnosis and it left me feeling upset,

Why I removed my Locks

On January 1, 2018, 9:59 p.m., I sat in my mother's living room blank. This was rather strange for me because while I don't usually write new year resolutions, I usually know what I wanted to achieve. But not this year, I was broken and empty, I began to do the only thing my mind could process...pray. This was the exact prayer I said that night (I wrote it in my phone). "I have started this year on "E". I have no goals, plans or expectations. The only thing I have is my hope. More than ever, however the next few months of this life manifest itself, I will be sure and confident that it is the Lord's doing. I belong to you and no one else Lord - do with my life what only you can - to your glory and honour." It was a few days after this prayer, I found out I would need to do surgery. You can read about this experience in the blog entitled " My experience with Fibroids and learning about Endometriosis ". "Do not conform to the patt